WE BELIEVE…that our program should meet the needs of the whole child (spiritual, physical, emotional, social, creative and cognitive) in a safe, nurturing positive environment.
…that a child learns best by having opportunities to explore, create, and discover; so we maintain a child-oriented classroom, keeping an appropriate balance between child-initiated and teacher-directed activities.
…and that the learning environment should foster a positive self-concept in each child, and that our staff should be sensitive to the individual differences and developmental stages of each child.
- To grow in understanding of God and His loving care.
- To develop a positive self-concept; thinking as an individual; expanding perspective.
- To develop social skills to include the communication skills needed to solve problems peacefully; working and cooperating together in small and large groups; respecting the property of others; helping, sharing and caring for others.
- To encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment; developing language and early literacy skills, to include letter recognition, letter-sound correspondences, concepts of print, early writing skills, and oral and listening skills; developing number sense and mathematical reasoning skills.
- To develop awareness of beauty and appreciation of aesthetic experiences, including art, music, poems and books. Experiencing the artistic process.
- To participate through play, singing, creative experiences, rhythmic activities and dramatic play.
- To promote physical development and well being; to include activities geared to develop large and small muscle coordination, and activities designed to foster good habits of health and safety.
- To respect cultural diversity, to include books, pictures, foods, props, visitors, and cultural resources available in the community.